Here you can find government-backed measures for startups in Europe. Please, also check France Digitale’s rescue kit to get more useful links that will help you to deal with the pandemic.
But before we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter and get weekly insights on startup development and growth in your mailbox!
Startups can improve their business through online services that become more demanded this time.
- Google and Microsoft are giving free access to conferencing tools.
- Farillio, online legal solutions platform, has launched #3hrPledge. Here, you can share your experience and skills and get one from other entrepreneurs. Farillio gives a 3-month free access for everyone who would participate in #3hrPledge.
- French cloud computing company, OVHcloud, gives their infrastructure for free to companies that develop free solutions related to remote work, collaboration and medicine sectors.
- InnMind offers online business development & fundraising support to startups from all over the world. Ideal opportunity for companies to accelerate their growth and raise capital not leaving their homes. Learn more about these anti-crisis opportunities here.
- English law firm Wright Hassall, provides free useful guides in different legal issues for companies during the coronavirus crisis. In these guides, business owners will learn more about risks that appear due to the quarantine: supply chain disruption, knock-on effect of the coronavirus for commercial contracts, data security and home working, and other topics.
- The first touches on the first steps to start a business, creating a business plan, choosing your business name, and even start-up financing. The second resource goes into more detail about home businesses, how to find lease rules regarding running a business from your home, business insurance, and even work-at-home schemes that can trap those who wanted more freedom in their career.
Funding, grants, loans
Learning investors’ opinions about the pandemic and startups’ perspective, we noticed that all of them are going to refocus and, most likely, change their investment activities. But what we know for sure is that they won’t stop investing. And even now you can find a number of opportunities available for startups’ financing support:
- Pioneer’s post provides a list of organizations that are ready to give social startups grants and loans
- Facebook has launched the Facebook Small Business Grants Program, thanks for which businesses can get up to $100M in cash grants and ad credits during these turbulent times.
- UK crowdfunding platform, Crowfunder, together with Enterprise Nation has created the innovation campaign called “Pay It Forward” to help companies continue trading during uncertain times. In addition, this platform offers 100% free fundraising and training.
- Founder Institute has launched “Public Health Startup Fellowship”, to support entrepreneurs from over the world whose work is focused on treatment and public health.
- Wisefund, a crowdfunding platform based in Estonia, provides financial support (€10,000 - €250,000) for European enterprises that need to reduce their costs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Fantastic Beasts platform offers a calendar of online pitching events to help you meet investors and partners.
- You can find other European startup supporting programs and projects here: Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs and Startup Europe Club.
- In addition, you can apply for loans and venture capital from the European Union here.
Value Your Business Like a Pro!
You don’t need to pay for a consultation or wait to receive the results in your mailbox: answer 10 questions online and get your startup valuation immediately - it’s that easy, fast and forever free!
>>> STARTUP VALUATION CALCULATOR
Open Calls right now
As we mentioned before, challenges also reveal a number of opportunities. Here is a list of open calls for startups now:
- AI for Good, Omdena and Fruit Punch AI have announced an open call for AI startups. This program will help startups that apply AI for social benefit scale. The deadline for submitting is the 30th, June.
- EU | Sillicon Valley 5-days Entrepreneurship Training, a 5-day intensive acceleration & crash course in business and entrepreneurship this September in Catalonia, is organized by InnMind & Draper University and designed to bring a combination of knowledge & practice to startup founders and transform outstanding ideas into successful companies. Apply now before the end of an Early Bird period to ensure your place at the top event for tech innovators supported by the Government of Catalonia and other key ecosystem players!
- Here you can find a short list of open calls for startups from all over Europe.
Subscribe here to follow our updates and learn the latest VC market insights and explore more opportunities for your business.
Food For Thought:
📌 "Cash is the king". How startups can survive the #covid19 and market recession?
📌 Coronavirus pandemic and market crush: investor's response. "For new investors, it is hard to think of better timing to step in"